Sexual dysfunction in women partners of men with erectile dysfunction

Research output: Contribution to journalArticlepeer-review

Abstract

We evaluated 113 female partners of men with erectile dysfunction (ED) attending a sexual dysfunction clinic in order to define sexual dysfunction among these women. In all, 51 (45%) women denied having any sexual dysfunction. The other 62 (55%) responded to questions classifying their complaint(s) according to the international classification of female sexual dysfunction (FSD) in the following topics (40/62, 65%, reported having more than one problem): decreased sexual desire (n = 35, 56%), sexual aversion (none), arousal (n = 23, 37%) and orgasmic disorders (n = 39, 63%), dyspareunia (n = 19, 31%), vaginismus (n = 3, 5%), and noncoital sexual pain (none). Many female partners of men with ED report having some form of sexual disorder, mostly orgasmic problems and decreased sexual desire. Therefore, for optimal outcome of ED treatment, evaluation and treatment of male and FSD should be addressed as one unit within the context of the couple, and be incorporated into one clinic of sexual medicine.

Original languageEnglish
Pages (from-to)44-46
Number of pages3
JournalInternational Journal of Impotence Research
Volume18
Issue number1
DOIs
StatePublished - Jan 2006

Keywords

  • BISF-W
  • Couples
  • Erectile dysfunction
  • Female sexual dysfunction

Fingerprint

Dive into the research topics of 'Sexual dysfunction in women partners of men with erectile dysfunction'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this