Ordered hybrid nanostructures for nanophotonics applications are fabricated by a novel approach via femtosecond laser melting of asymmetric metal-dielectric (Au/Si) nanoparticles created by lithographical methods. The approach allows selective reshaping of the metal components of the hybrid nanoparticles without affecting the dielectric ones and is applied for tuning of the scattering properties of the hybrid nanostructures in the visible range.
- asymmetrical metal-dielectric nanoparticles
- femtosecond laser melting
- magnetic optical response
- molecular dynamics simulation
- tuning of scattering properties